Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Working Vacation

Shortly after Lianne and I were married, I had a scheduled work training planned in Orlando, FL; a week before the training, I found out it was cancelled. My plan was to take Lianne and spend the week in Orlando. To make a long story short, I was forced to re-book for the next available training in San Jose, CA. I didn't mind, and neither did Lianne. Fortunately, Lianne's mom is retired from Delta, so this means she travels very cheaply. It has been something that she has learned to take advantage of when she can. Although I had to work while I was there, it was still nice to get away, bring Lianne, and plan for some extra time at the end of our trip to do some sight seeing. Lianne had never been to San Jose, nor had she drove the Pacific Coast Highway. So the last day of the week for me was a half day, so we took our time and found the rose garden in San Jose, and spent the rest of the day there. The next day, we made our way up the Pacific Coast Highway to San Francisco. We stopped along the way, went to the beach, took some scenic hikes, and really just took it all in. Once we got to San Francisco we spent the rest of the daylight hours in Sausalito. There was an art festival there, and the weather was just absolutely perfect so we walked through the town, and came to a nice little restaurant on the water. There was bocci ball and great tapas. Before heading to the airport for the red-eye, we hit a local favorite Afghan Restaurant in San Francisco.

No comments:

Post a Comment