Thursday, July 26, 2012

Melanie


A friend of mine, Melanie Rinaldi, whom I dove with when I was in college recently retired. She asked me to take some photos to capture her in her peak shape and abilities as an athlete. I have been fortunate enough to witness Melanie work so hard for so long and work through injuries, and be her friend through it all that I know the strength she has displayed rubs off on those around her. Just to hear of her journey from the point I met her is inspirational.


In tribute to the start of the Olympics I am making this sports post. As athletes from all over the world come together to compete at this level, I am reminded of the blood, sweat, and tears that these individuals endure to get to that point in their athletic career. I have been fortunate enough to rub elbows with Olympic athletes and see their dedication and commitment first hand. It is not just the personal effort and drive of the individual but the team, the family, and the community of supporters that contribute to their success. I am grateful to be a part of that community and have friends at these Olympics. I am excited to watch them compete!













Enjoy the Olympics!

No comments:

Post a Comment